Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Don't you love it...


...when you take a sip of water from a glass and realize how thirsty you are and drink the whole thing at once. Water is so delicious.

October is one of my favorite months and I love Halloween so I'd like to watch some horror movies and write about them here. And I don't even need to rent anything. Turner Classic Movies is showing a lot of horror films this month and I've got the Chiller Channel.

Today The Changeling was on IFC or Sundance and I caught parts of it. I was sick and went to take a nap halfway through and was surprised to see it was still on when I woke up. I caught the ending and remembered why I'd thought of it recently: Final Girl has been running a game called The Final Shot where she posts the last image from a horror movie and you try and guess the movie. She did The Changeling last week.

Saw that The Sunday New York Times reviewed Kristin Hersh's book Rat Girl this past weekend. I'm happy about that; it was a very favorable review and it'll be great exposure for the book. I'm hoping that Rat Girl finds a large audience and it brings a lot of attention to Throwing Muses, who are working on their first album since 2003.

That record, called Throwing Muses, featured some of their best songs and Tanya Donelly came back to sing backing vocals. From what I've heard she won't be involved with the new album but who knows? It would be awesome to see a full reunion with her singing and playing guitar, maybe even throwing in a couple of her own songs. Donelly hasn't put out an album since 2006 so she must have a few songs kicking around.

There are about half a dozen demos up at Throwing Muses's CASH Music page. The best, I think, is "Cherry Candy/Dripping Trees". If you get a chance, check it out.

Today is the two year anniversary of the start of RJ Battles. I'd been thinking of starting a blog for a while, inspired by my favorite blog, Final Girl. When I began this blog I'd just moved to a new city and had been there (here) for just over a week. I hadn't found a job yet and to be honest, I wasn't really looking too hard. Less than a week later I got a call back and started work the next day. My two year anniversary of starting work there (here) is coming up on the 17th.

I'm very proud of some of the writing I've done here at RJ Battles and I'm pleased with a lot of the images I've found and put up. Thank you to everyone who's come here to RJ Battles to read and look at the pictures. I appreciate it and I hope you'll continue to check in from time to time. See you later, RJ Battles

No comments: