Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Dinner With RJ

I just finished dinner and I have to tell you all about it.

Made two things: corn (from a can), and home fries.

The corn just simmered in a small saucepan with a fat pat of butter and some salt & pepper stirred in.

The home fries- I diced up two leftover baked potatoes from last Sunday's family picnic. I started with a medium saucepan and olive oil, three pats of butter, garlic powder, s & p, parsley flakes, and oregeno. Then I tossed in the diced spuds till they were light brown.

It sounds plain but I practically licked the plate.

Earlier in the evening I went to a Mexican resturant with friends and while they ate I had two screwdrivers so, yes, I was a little hungry anyway, but this came out really fucking good. I'm calling it RJ's Spuds and Corn and you should give it a try.

No comments: