Thursday, December 16, 2010

The internet

For the past few days it's been freezing and I've been off from work so I spent a lot of time on the computer. Nothing productive. I've just been looking shit up. I'm obsessed with Carrie Fisher but I don't think there's anything left to see. I finally read her interview with Madonna that she did for Rolling Stone, "Big-Time Girl Talk", that was interesting.

And I watched Kathy Griffin's newest Bravo special again, Whores On Crutches, that was really funny. I looked up Prince; I wanted to see what he;s been up to lately. Wiki said that for the past five years he's needed a double-hip replacement but it would have to be a "bloodless" surgery because Jehovah Witnesses won't accpt blood transfusions. Crazy.

Did you know that Prince sometimes knocks on people's doors to spread the word? can you imagine Prince coming into your home and talking to you about God? I can.




So last night I was thinking about depressing things, and one thing that hit me was how my extended family doesn't seem as close as it was when I was growing up. For the most part, I only see my aunts, uncles, and cousins on holidays. And while that's bad enough, it also seems like my aunts and uncles and my parents don't keep in touch as much as they used to.

Maybe it's because years ago my cousins and my brothers and I would get to together to play more often. We'd all go to my grandmother's house and spend time together there. My mother goes to my grandmother's house every night after dinner, and her sisters come on Friday nights and maybe Sunday afternoon.

I worry about the future because I'm afraid that once the older generation is gone, my cousins and brothers and I will hardly see each other anymore, maybe not even at Christmas. It's a sad thought.

And lately I've been tempted to move away- about 7 hours away- and then I think about being even further removed from my family. I don't know, it's sad.

No comments: