Friday, December 17, 2010

"The Score"

The Score (2001)

I saw The Score at the movies in 2001 and I had a good time. It's a fun movie with a great payoff. There are so many things I like about it. Number one, I think because it was meant to be "three generations of great actors"- Brando, De Niro, Norton- and it didn't end up being a huge hit.

A lot of people didn't go to see it. Instead, they'll run into it on a Saturday afternoon on TV and be surprised by how good it is.

It's a great story, with interesting characters- a good story, told well.

I love the music, I love the shadowy lighting, I love the locations. De Niro's apartment seems like the coolest place to live in ever. Watch the movie and see if I'm not right.

And everyone is believable in this, even Edward Norton, who, to me, always seems to be Acting. You really believe that De Niro and Angela Bassett are in love, that she's a stewardess and has been coming to stay with him on-and-off for years. They make you visualize a past between them. They're so good.

I love this movuie and I'll stop to watch it whenever I'm flipping around and it's on.

No comments: