Friday, April 15, 2011

Flip my wig

I bought a wig for $5 at a thrift store this afternoon. I t looks like my real hair, only a little lighter and straighter. I'm gonna wear it at work tomorrow. I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight.

There aren't a lot of comments on the posts here at RJ Battles, especially not lately, but I still believe that I have readers. Quiet, shy, faithful readers.

That delusion keeps me going. That's how I can continue writing about all the things I write about here. Plus, I think if somebody stumbles upon this blog and they like what they see, there's a lot of past content that they can skim.

Maybe someone like 4AD artists and v23 designs. If that's the case, they've probably been to Eyesore.com. Eyesore does album covers, but here at RJ Battles I try to include the back covers and the inside artwork, plus promo posters and postcards. So they'd probably see a few things they hadn't seen before.

Also, people in my age group share some of my interests. We grew up around the same time and saw some of the same things. And I write about movies and TV shows and books that they'd be familiar with. I'm not funny or even very insightful, but I try to throw in some interesting trivia.

I try to make this the kind of blog that I'd like to read. If I was surfing the web, say, 4 years ago, and found this blog, I'd be in love with it. I'd be thrilled to see some of the Belly sleeves and Throwing Muses posters. And I'd enjoy reading the movie reviews.

Anyway, not every post is gold, in fact, most are just OK. But I think that overall, this blog is a success. I think that it could be valueable to people. For information, for beautiful images, and for fun trivia.

No comments: