Monday, April 11, 2011

New for April

I was talking with a friend today. She's 23 and I was wondering if she knew the song "My Love Is Your Love". She does, but to her it's an old song, something from when she was a kid. She looks at Whitney Houston almost the same way that I saw Diana Ross when I was growing up: an older act who still puts out music, but isn't new or vital- she just plays catch up and puts out records in whatever the style of the day happens to be. When I was a kid Diana Ross was doing disco songs like "Upside Down".

Anyway, our talk made me think about all the good things that have come out since 1999 so tonight I started compiling a list of good songs, albums, moives, and books that have come out over the past twelve years.

Over the next week I'm going to put out list as a way of giving exposure to some good things that you might've missed the first time around. If you have any ideas to add please let me know.

Thanks, RJ

No comments: