Monday, August 23, 2010

Lego Day 2010


Lego Day 2010 was a huge success. My two guests and I had a wonderful time. Lego brought his lovely girlfriend Carolyn over around 5:30pm and we popped open some Smirnoff Ices while the two of them visited with my roommate's cats Tigre (I call him Fatty), Lucky (Clownface), and the other one (The Other One).

I put the pizza in the oven and we went up to my bedroom where I do all my entertaining. Lego and Cal took up their usual spot side by side on the loveseat.

I know that it's not a good idea to have the TV during a social gathering of this kind but we set that aside. There was a good episode of Modern Marvels on the History Channel and Lego loves THC.

Here's the bottom line:

The pizza was slightly undercooked- "Could've been in for two more minutes".

I bought a Pepperidge Farm Key Lime cake and when I served it it was "still a little frozen" (I actually like it like that).

My real low point was screwing up instant coffee. Too weak; I didn't take cup size into consideration.

All these things are fine and I can live with them. The most important thing about the evening is that I was not annoying. I know the last time the three of us got together I was too "up". This time I dialed it down.

Can't wait till the next Lego Day.

No comments: