Monday, August 16, 2010

A new book idea

A couple nights ago I couldn't sleep and I was writing down plans and lists and whatnot when I got an idea for a new book.

You may remember that one of my current projects (listen to me, sounding so important- I'm working out of a 29 cent notebook) is a chilren's book about my parent's dog traveling around the state. It's going to be a picture book and very cute.

But, really, who is going to buy a book like that? Some people, yes. But people are more likely to be attracted to a Christmas book about my parent's dog.

I've already written a quarter of the story- it's going to be good. I got choked up writing certain scenes.

Anyway, I'm going to print and bind it myself (I need to find some books on bookbinding; they're out there, I've looked through some in the past). I want to have 100 copies ready by October 31.

My plan is to sell it at a few locations downtown and also online where people can pay by PayPal.

Stay tuned for more details.

No comments: