Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hey


Hey, you guys, writing dialogue is hard. You know that I'm trying to write a scary movie that I can sell to either Sci-Fi or Lifetime. The story is coming along fine but I can't think of anything for the characters to say. I wish silent movies were still in style. I could make a killing.

Writing dialogue feels weird. Maybe because I've alwasy thought of myself as a drawer and I've always been shy. Words, especially spoken words, don't seem too important to me. If you're drawing a picture you don't have to think about what the person is saying. In case you're wondering, no I don't think that white line is supposed to run down it.

Maybe the movie will be about deaf-mutes. I think that's my only hope.

Above is a painting that I came across last night- it has nothing to do with this post. There's just something about the water that I like. It's by Herbert Draper and called Halcyone (1915). The mythological Halcyone Days are 7 storm-free days in winter.

No comments: