Monday, January 31, 2011

Time

Lately I've been obsessed with the passing of time, and I've always been interested in Lord Alfred Douglas.

It wasn't until recently that I realized that he lived to be 74, dying in 1945. It seems weird to think about: he was born in 1870 and was with Oscar Wilde in the 1890s. It was such a far-away time. But Douglas died in 1945, one year after my father was born. They were alive at the same time.

And Douglas went to jail too, for 6 months, after losing a libel case brought by Winston Churchill (!!). he was in jail in 1924, the year my Noni was born.

Douglas's only child, Raymond, died in a mental hospitol in 1964, just 10 years before my older brother Matt was born.

Anyway, it all just seems so strange to me, but it doesn't really matter (plus I think I already wrote about this last year, I'll have to check).

Good night.

No comments: