Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Home Alone

I had company this past weekend and he just left tonight.

He arrived exactly at midnight, beating the snowstorm by about 30 minutes. We stayed up all night, eating, smoking (cigarettes; just say nope), and watching TV.

Did errands the next days. Then we spent most of the next three doors in my bedroom, watching TV. I think I mentioned before: whenever friends come over, we don't go into the kitchen, we don't hang out in the living room, we don't play cards at the dining room table- we sit up in my room, surrounded by blankets and pillows.

I do all my entertaining in my bedroom. The only other time we went out was to go to my parents' house for a quick visit. Mom had made chicken soup and she also made me and my friend ham and pickle sandwiches. They were awesome and it was the perfect lunch for a cold January day.

I love to have company stay over, but there's definitely a letdown after they leave. My room feels so big and empty. I guess it's nice to be able to sleep on the bed instead of the floor.

I've missed RJ Battles this weekend. Don't worry, I'm back.

No comments: