Thursday, July 14, 2011

10,000 Maniacs


I'm not a big fan, but I like a few songs by 10,000 Maniacs. "These Are Days" is the song that got my attention, but it was the other song off Our Time In Eden, their last studio album (I know- they're still together, they've put out a bunch more albums. But I consider the end to be when Natalie Merchant left), "Candy Everybody Wants".

"Candy Everybody Wants" is one of my favorite songs ever. I've been thinking of it lately because it was featured on the blog The Daily Guru. The Daily Guru is a blog that I've talked a lot of shit about here at RJ Battles, but I have to admit: once in a while he picks a good song. He's still over-using "truly" and "iconic" (especially "iconic"- I think it's his favorite word) but the writing doesn't bother me as much now. Either it's getting better or I stopped caring.

Anyway, tonight I went on You Tube cause I wanted to see the official video and right away I was surprised- I'm positive it was it was directed by the same guy who did the video for Belly's "Slow Dog". The style, the editing, the make-up, the dancing- all the same. The "Slow Dog" video is much more hyper but so is the song.

If you get a chance, check them out. I'd put up links if I knew how to do that sort of thing. Sorry, you're on your own. Good night.

No comments: