Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer plans

Summer plans. I'm not talking about camping or going to the beach. I'm talking about a couple of blog ideas I have. I don't keep notes or make lists of potential topics (though I'd like to). So what I do is make note of my plans and ideas here, at RJ Battles. That may, I might have other things on my mind, but when I come here I'll see the older subject ideas and get to work.

Number One: I'd like to write about all the Stephen King books I've read (plus some of the movies). Someone once asked King what book he'd most likely be remembered for. Not what he considered his best book, or what he wanted to be remembered for, but which one had the best chance of being read far, far into the future. He answered The Shining, and I can kind of agree- it sounds like a sound choice, but I disagree. I chose another book and I'll get to that in my upcoming Stephen King post.

Number Two: I wanna write about Frank Black and all of his solo albums and songs. Of all the musicians that I like, the two whose music most excites me are Kristin Hersh and Frank Black. The ups and downs and highs and lows of FB's musical output are extreme. So many awesome, amazing songs (usually un-released or B-sides) and a bunch of weak, uninteresting tracks (singles, of course- you knew I was gonna say that). There are a lot of things to talk about.

I can't wait to write these two posts. It's just past 3am so in a couple minutes I'll be back in bed and this time I'm gonna fall asleep. 5am will be here soon.

No comments: