Tuesday, February 16, 2010

diVINYLS





diVINYLS (1990)

I can't believe it's been 20 years.

Summer had just started andf I was camping in New Hampshire with my dad's side of the family. I was the only kid so mid-afternoon I took off on a bike and rode around for 4 hours with diVINYLS in my walkman.

It's an awesome record and not long after I got it went out and found all their other albums. All were a mix of very good and very bad- Desperate (1983), What a Life! (1985), & Temperamental (1988)- but they were from the 80s so that explains it.

It was all new to me and I didn't realize till later that Divinyls songs were featured in a lot of the movies I had seen:

"Ring Me Up" was in 16 Candles.

The Legend of Billie Jean had two Divinyls songs: "Boys In Town" over the opening credits and "Heart Telegraph" during the beach scene towards the end.

"Back to the Wall" was in Nightmare on Elm Street 4-The Dream Child.

Anyway, diVINYLS is my favorite of their records- it's got "Make Out Alright", "If Love Was A Gun", and the best-"I Touch Myself".

No comments: