Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Open Your Heart"





Open Your Heart (1986) Madonna

One night my brother and I were at Strawberries Records & tapes. Even though our parents gave us shit for it and said we'd save money by only buying albums, we were really into buying 45s. We liked the sleeves, but especially we liked the B-sides (even though it was usually lesser album tracks or instrumentals).

Anyway, I was looking through a rack of albums and came across the 12" single section. Holy shit, there was Open Your Heart, only it was the size of a record album. I looked it over and saw that it had a version of Open Your Heart that was over ten minutes long. That was the night I discovered 12" remix singles. Over the next few weeks and months we found "La Isla Bonita", "Like A Virgin", and one of my favorites, "True Blue".

No comments: