Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New direction

RJ Battles

Over the past month I've come across a lot of record sleeves that I've always wanted to see, for example, the inside of the Feed The Tree CD and the back cover of the Super-connected CD. I've made RJ Battles into the kind of website that I used to look around for and the kind of place where I'd like to look around for a while.

RJ Battles has become a kind of continuation of the 4AD eyesore database. Eyesore is a website where you can look up all the 4AD artists and see the front covers of all their abums, singles, and EPs, along with some promo posters. Here I've tried to add some extras: Japanese imports, alternate covers, and inside and back cover artwork.

Along the way I've done some music, movie, and TV reviews, and I think, now that I've shown most of the album artwork that I like I'm going to focus more on movie and music reviews. I'm not able to do funny reviews like Final Girl does so I'm not going to even try, but I do have a point of view so I'm going to share it.

Anyway, there's a lot to look forward to here at RJ Battles. There will still be a lot of record sleeve art (I'm always looking); there's going to be a lot more of everything. Thank you for coming here and I hope to see you in the future.

Thank you, RJ Battles

No comments: