Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1, 2010

If I have the day of I like to go on the computer and look things up. What I look up usually has something to do with what I happen to watching on TV. I'd never seen Marvin's Room and had no desire to, but it was on this morning so I decided to check it out. De Niro, Streep, Keaton, and DiCaprio and it was orinally a play. I like movies like that because they're usually more dialogue-driven; my favorites are The Miracle Worker, Rope, and the best- The Bad Seed.

Anyway, a lot of times now, I'll be watching a movie and I decide I don't want to be surpried; I look it up on Wiki and find out what happens and how it ends. Marvin's Room goes nowhere and I didn't have to wait to find that out.

I love both Wiki and the Internet Movie Database. I'll look up an actor, then check out a movie they were in, which will lead me to another actor and I'll find out where they were born and so on.

Remember Strangers With Candy? You know the woman who played Jerri Blank's step-mother, Deborah Rush, she was in a couple Woody Allen movies and she has a son named Walter Cronkite IV. You know why? Cause her father-in-law is Walter Cronkite, the anchorman.

Campbell Scott (Dying Young, Singles, Roger Dodger)- I knew his mother was the late Colleen Dewhurst, who played Murphey Brown's mother on the TV show. What I didn't know was that his father is George C. Scott. George C. Scott's middle name? Campbell.

Jason Patric's father is Jason Miller- Father Karras in The Exorcist. Did you know that the author was good friends with Shirley MacLaine and the Chris MacNeil character was based on her?

I just find these small things very interesting and I hope you do too.

No comments: