Monday, April 19, 2010

No "Nurse Jackie" tonight

My friend and I spent the day- which was warm and sunny with a cool breeze- hiking and driving around and eating: we split a Spicy Italian sub from Subway, fries and a Crispy Barbeque Wrap from McDonald's, and a Deluxe Crispy Chicken Value Meal at Wendy's.

We just got home and were getting ready to watch the new Nurse Jackie but I was looking around and saw that IFC was starting Heathers at 9:45pm. I haven't seen it since renting the video in the late 80s but it's always been a favorite. It's so well-written.

Showtime re-runs Jackie throughout the week so we can catch it another time.

Note: I'm curious, sometimes, to see what else a director has done. The director of Heathers, Michael Lehmann, went on to make shitty movies like The Truth About Cats and Dogs and 40 Days and 40 Nights, but first he made Hudson Hawk- a movie that flopped and most people said was no good- but which I liked and thought was pretty fun in places.

No comments: