Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back to work


I know it's winter, but it's obscene the ammount of time I've wasted since the year started. It's the first day of March and I have nothing to show for the past two months.

Yes, I've been posting here and I've drawn and painted a handful of good pictures in addition to working full-time, but, really, that's nothing, and at my age I should be much more productive.

I have started the change today: Tonight I'm re-starting work on my childrens' book Christmastime With Clementine. I re-wrote the first half of the story and I did some practice watercolor illustrations.

I also have some good ideas for what I'd like the front and back cover to look like. I want the whole thing to be very beautiful. And I want it to be hand-made. Instead of taking it around to publishers and trying to sell it, I'm going to make it myself over time so that I have complete control over it.

Christmastime With Clementine is going to be a very personal story. While it does contain a message, its main purpose is to create a mood. I want readers of all ages to feel that mood when they open the book. The book will evoke all the warmth and happiness and love of Christmastime with family.

Gotta go- Charlie Sheen's on 20/20 now. Later, RJ

No comments: