Monday, March 21, 2011

More movies


In the past two days I saw two Billy Bob Thorton movies for the first time.

No, I'm not crazy about him. Recently I saw footage of a radio interview he did where he acted like a dick because he was trying to promote his recording carreer and the interviewer dared to make a reference to his acting. Apparently, there was a prior arrangement that the interview would focus on music and not movies.

I can't stand that. I can't stand when people go on talk shows for the purpose of promoting their latest project and act like everybody's sole reason for living is to assist them. I remember Paris Hilton went on Letterman to promote a new clothing line or something. Dave kept bringing up her recent arrest and she got annoyed and said something like, "I just wanna talk about my new clothing line. That's what I'm here to talk about". Basically, "Fuck you, how dare you try to have a conversation with me on your show- I'm only here to sell shit".

But anyway, today I saw the middle part of Monster's Ball. Heath Ledger was good, very good. I know I'm not the first or the last person to say it, but, what a loss.

By the way, I can't stand Peter Boyle. From Young Frankenstein to Everybody Loves Raymond, I hate him.

Yesterday I saw Kaiser Blade. Some people call it Sling Blade, but I call it Kaiser Blade. Aah-huhmm. Lucas Black plays the kid, and he would later go on to star with Thorton in Friday Night Lights, the film. John Ritter plays the gay guy and Dwight Yoakum plays the abusive boyfriend of Black's mother (also, Vic Chestnut plays one of Yoakum's bandmates).

This may not be a kind thing to say, but abused women annoy me. If your boyfriend beats you up either leave him or kill him. But if you keep on letting him back into your life and forgiving him then you deserve it.

That's the kind of woman that Black's mother is. He abuses her and her son but she doesn't do anything about it.

I've seen this in real life and you probably have too. Have you known a woman who, maybe her boyfriend doesn't hit her, but he treats her like shit, and she may complain, and she may even break up with him, but they get back together, over and over again? And even if she does end it for good, she just goes out and finds the same kind of man again. Annoying.

Anyway, I guess Thorton is a good actor and director. He just isn't for me.

No comments: