Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good TV


For the past two days my TV has been stuck on VH1. They've been playing some great shit.

Last night I had company and we made a pizza and watched The 100 Most Shocking Moments in Music. We got sucked in and couldn't pull away. The show would mention things like the Gram Parsons incident, but mostly they focussed on newer stuff: The Station fire, Fergie, ect. The top 3 moments were deaths and I knew well ahead what they would be. It was the order I disagreed with.

3. Kurt Cobain (honestly, that could top the least shocking list)

Michael Jackson was #1, and while it was a surprise, he was 50 and we all knew he was an addict.

I think that #2, John Lennon should've been #1. Here was a beloved musician, so known for being peaceful, shot down by a maniac in front of his home, in front of his wife and young son.

But anyway, afterwards they played the 4 hour miniseries The Temptations (1998). My first instinct was to turn the station, but we got sucked into that too. It was an interesting story and surprisingly well-done. I watched it all except for the final 20 minutes when I fell asleep.

Note: David Ruffin was such a dick. And the other Temptations let him get a way with murder.

If you get a chance, watch it. I think you'll like it.

No comments: