Friday, March 12, 2010

"Pet Sematary"



Pet Sematary (1989)

The scariest movie I ever saw (yes, I think it's even scarier than Amityville II) is Stephen King's Pet Sematary. I saw it when it came out and at the time I knew nothing about it. I mean, I'd heard of it, and I think my mom read it in 1983, and I saw it at Kmart back then too, but I had no idea about the story.

So when I saw it I wasn't ready at all. Something awful happens, which I won't say cause I don't want to give anything away.

I will say that the director, Mary Lambert, started in music videos, doing Madonna's "Borderline", "Like A Virgin", and, the year PS came out, "Like A Prayer".

Also, I've been wrong obout the poster all these years. I always thought that Fred Gwynne was pictured there. No, it's actually the Victor Pascow character. I don't know how I got that wrong. I guess they're both pale.

No comments: