Friday, March 26, 2010

Terrarium: Part Eight

If you've seen the terrarium photos you know that I used Christmas tree- shaped cookie jars. I've been alternating between keeping the lids on and keeping the lids off.

For the past couple days I've had the lids on and the basil terrarium had moisture all over the glass; I decide to take the lid off this morning and when I came home ALL of the basil sprouts were withered. I could barely make them out they had withered so badly.

I'm crushed. I dropped in five new seeds and didn't even bother pressing them down. I'm gonna keep the lid off and hope for the best. I'd like for the existing sprouts to bounce back but they look so bad.

The good news is that the spider plants are thriving, as are the artichoke-type plants I added last weekend. By the way, if you happen to know what they're called please let me know. Thanks.

1 comment:

Derek Denim said...

They look like hens and chickens. or some sort of succulent