Monday, March 1, 2010

This blog

I'm supposed to be writing a review of Uzumaki for the Final Girl Film Club but I'm going to sit this one out. That movie didn't do much for me so why chime in with a bored review of a movie that I don't really care about? To bring desperately needed readership to my lonely blog- sure I thought about it.

Maybe it's the headcold I picked up yesterday and which blossomed last night has got me down. But what I really think- what I was thinking on the way home from work this evening: my writing on this blog is pretty weak. Especially compared to Final Girl.

I think I did my best writing in high school, when I was writing notes to my best friend. Those notes were funny. I'd say something clever, then I'd throw in some random graffiti I found on the art class table and I was proud to send those notes out into the world.

Once I feel better I'm going to set things right here.

For now, I've got Vics Vapor Rub smeared all over my upper body and a T-shirt wrapped tightly around my neck and I'm going to bed and hoping for the best, or the worst. We'll see.




Note: I think I've gotten a little better- check out a post I put up today called "more Corey Haim". Tight and relaxed, I think. -RJ Battles, 3/15/2010

No comments: