Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ambition


It's 5am and I couldn't sleep so I'm watching a Danny Devito movie called House Broken (2009). He and Katey Sagal play the parents of two grown sons and they want the guys to grow up they leave them home alone.

It's an unfunny comedy. It's not unwatchable, just boring. I'm writing about it because it stars Skyler Stone as one of the sons. I first saw him in 2005 when he had his own show on Comedy Dentral called Con. I saw it once and I think it lasted just one season. Later he did the movies Waiting and Accepted. Looking at his imdb page I saw that he had ten entries for 2010. Ten. Nothing too great, single episodes of Lost and Raising Hope and the direct-to-video Hostel III. Still, he's getting a lot of work.

Whenever I see things like this I always think about how little I do.

1) It's winter, and traditionally, I spend those three months watching Tv wrapped in a blanket, and,
2) I've never had any ambition

Right now, my bedroom is a big mess, I'm spending too much money, watching too much TV. I'm not even reading anything.

I've said before: I need to pretend to be ambitious.

I've gotta keep busy and work towards the future. I'm not in my twenties anymore and I'm getting old fast. I need to work hard now so that when I'm old I won't have to worry about anything.

So from now on I'm not going to be easy-going about things, I'm going to fuind productive things to do after work, and I'm going to save money.

Actually, I won't start today- since I only slept till 2am and I've gotta work till 4pm, I'll probably go straight to bed when I get home. But I'll start tomorrow.

No comments: