Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm on a mission


And my goal is to gain 15 lbs by the end of the month. Since last Friday I've been eating like a hog. Kettle corn, Toaster Streudels, crackers with pepperoni & horseradish-flavored cheddar cheese, plus McDonalds every single day: hamburger, dollar-size fries, and dollar drink.

By the way, I went to Wendy's last Friday and I got the fries. They've changed them. I can't remember what they're calling them, but they taste like the kind of fries that you get at a state fair or carnival. They're so fucking good. And what sucks is: I don't live close to a Wendy's. The nearest one is 45 minutes away, othersise I'd be going there every single day.

So tonight- in fact, the minute I finish this post- I'm going to prepare one of my favorite meals. I don't know what it's called but I got the recipe from my Uncle Joe, who probably found it on that old Food Network TV show, Two Fat Ladies.

You need:

1/2 a package of bacon
One head of cabbage
A little olive oil (or veggie oil)
Salt and Pepper
A little onion, maybe a quarter of one (optional)

Get a large soup pot and pour in a little oil.
Dice the bacon, seperate and cook it in the pot till it's done.
Scoop out the bacon, leaving the oil and bacon fat.
Slice the cabbage into thin strips and stir it into the liquid.
Add some salt and A LOT of pepper.
Once the cabbage is cooked to your preffered tenderness turn off the heat and stir in the bacon.
Enjoy.

I usually leave out the onion but I do chop up a little garlic and add it once the bacon is almost done, it adds a nice flavor.

No comments: