Sunday, February 6, 2011

More people

Right now, like other years before, I'm "watching" the Superbowl. That means it's on with the sound low and I'm doing other shit, including listening to my playlist, which is playing Elvis Costello's "Puppet Girl".

(I just wanna say- I was disappointed that it and the other 13 Steps Lead Down B-sides weren't included on the bonus disc of the re-release of Brutal Youth, but I've since found out that those songs are amoung about 9 others that were written and recorded with his ex-wife, Cait, and meant for a singer named Wendy James. So maybe they'll see their own release someday. In the meantime, I've got them on my computer thanks to the magic of the internet. Now we're on to the next song, "Your Smoke Screen" by kd lang. This song perfectly describes the relationship I'm in at the moment.)

Anyway, remember last month when I posted about the death of Herb Ritts, which happened in 2002 and I just found out about.

Yesterday I learned of a few more. Did you know that Paul Harvey died? Over a year ago? I was even more surprised to find out that Ken Ober died, also over a year ago. Ober was the host of MTV's Remote Control. I don't know what surprised me more- the fact that he died (of a heart attack) or that he was 52.

The point is: I've got the read the paper every day from now on. I miss too much.

No comments: