Saturday, February 12, 2011

Atlas Shrugged- Part One, Trailer


People have been trying to make a movie of Atlas Shrugged since before I was born. I always imagined that when it was done it would be sleek and stylish. Something that would be filled with stars at their most beautiful, and stunning backdrops. Filled with the kinds of scenes that Ayn Rand saw in Russia that made her crave the American lifestyle.

The trailer for Atlas Shrugged- Part One came out yesterday and I saw it tonight. I had read a little about the movie's production so I knew that it would be kind of do-it-yourself. The look of this movie- it's not made-for-TV or even direct-to-DVD- it looks like a commercial. A car insurance commercial.

The acting looks flat. Everything about it is so plain. There's a certain cheapness that I can't quite nail down.

I can tell, though, that it's a horrible movie. More to come.

No comments: