Saturday, February 19, 2011

RJ leaving the state?


Yesterday it was warm and sunny, 65 degrees. Tonight on the walk home it was about 20 degrees with strong, bitter-cold winds blowing. I fucking hate winter.

Right now I live in New England, with roomates, about 40 minutes away from my parents and most of my family.

In December my good friend moved to Baltimore MD and is living with his sister and her husband. He has invited me to move down and I said no. Later I said I'd think about it. Tonight, when the wind blew my hood off for the twentieth time, I thought about it again.

My friend came to visit me last month, and on the last day of his trip we stopped at my parents' house for soup and sandwiches and when my friend brought up me moving south she seemed in favor of it.

Still, I'm not sure that I'm in favor of it. I don't wanna live so far away from my family.

Of course, by the time I'm in a position to move, it'll be warm and I'll have forgotten how shitty winter is here.

I'm gonna have to think some more about this.

No comments: