Friday, February 11, 2011

Mmmmm, that was good

So I just finished eating and now I'm having Friendly's banana split ice cream for dessert. I feel fatter already.

I've asked some riends for advice, but really, I already know what will really help me pack on the pounds: I've got to quit smoking.

Smoking kills my appetite, and whenever I'm hungry and I don't have any food or money I know a cigarette will fix everything.

I don't wanna quit. I do, however, want to cut down to 5 cigarettes a day. That was one of my new years resolutions and one of the few that I can remember.

It hasn't gone so well.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Another of my resolutions, try to save money, has gone even worse, but it's not hopeless, as I'm not in debt or anything. I've been deep in debt before and it's an awful situation. It feels terrible to know that you're going to have to work and work just to break even.

If I could give young people just two pieces of advice it would be:

1) Take care of your teeth, and
2) Don't go into debt

You've got to make your teeth last a lifetime, and you should only borrow money if you absolutely have to and you should pay it off right away.

You can save yourself a lot of heartache if you follow my advice.

Note: My teeth are in good shape, but I wish that I took better care of them- I've got about three cavities that I need to take care of before 2011 is over.

Another note: I'm watching the end of The Score again. Ity's the only good movie De Niro has made in the last 15 years (though I saw Everybody's Fine yesterday and it was alright- didn't like the ending though)

No comments: