Monday, May 31, 2010

Another idea for a TV show

It's 3:45am and I couldn't sleep tonight and I just got another idea for a TV show (a serious idea this time).

Five years ago I worked with a guy named Tyler Hands. I told him he should quit and start his own show on the Travel Channel. Every week he'd go to a different place in the United States and the show would be called Hands Across America.

For some reason I just remembered that incident a few minutes ago. Then I got the idea for a show on the Travel Channel where the host (me) would focus on a different location every week from his (my) own house (actually, I rent- it's not my house).

I would research a place that I've never been to and then I would try to create the experience of being there by cooking a local recipe or trying to play native songs & instruments. While doing this I could share facts and trivia about the location.

It's the perfect show because there are endless possibilities, and the network would love it because it could be produced on a tiny budget.

I could call it Travel From Home, or Explore Your Home, but most likely I'll think of something better than those. I like Around the World, Now.

I'm gonna do a practice episode right now.

Note: I hearby copyright this TV show idea. It's mine, all mine.

No comments: