Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Well...

Thank you everyone. All your prayers worked and I'm feeling much better today. I think it was allergies, though they're not something I usually have.

Anyway, I had the day off from work so I was able to take it easy. As I mentioned before, the Final Girl Film Club's latest movie review was yesterday. I wanted to participate and I watched almost all of City of the Living Dead, but I decided not to participate this time.

On the one hand, it's a great way to meet new people and expose them to my blog, RJ Battles. But I wasn't too interested in the movie or in writing about it so it seemed wrong to join in just for attention. And that's just what I would've been doing if I'd written this time.

The other two times I did it for the right reasons. Amityville II is on my top five list of scariest movies so I was thrilled when it was chosen (I was also dying to see what Final Girl would write about it, but unfortunately she was busy and didn't have a chance to watch it). The other time it was a trilogy hosted by Boris Karloff called Black Sabbath which I enjoyed watching and reviewing. It was a challenge to write about it without trying to copy Final Girl's writing style which I'm jealous of.

Anyway, I spent today with friends. I cleaned one of my friend's bedroom and he grilled some chicken and corn on the cob for me and another friend. Then me and that other friend went back to my place and waited for yet another friend to show up (he never did), and we had some Tater Tots & Texas Toast and Arizona Raspberry Iced Tea.

Now I'm alone at home where I just watched this week's Nurse Jackie. I'd also gone for a walk around the block ("around the cemetary" sounds too creepy) because it's cooler outside than it is in my bedroom. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

Tomorrow it's back to work but I don't have to go in till 11:30am so it's cool.

OK, I'm gonna try to go to sleep now. Wish me luck.

No comments: