Friday, May 21, 2010

Vote Baby Vote (are you registered baby?)



When I was a kid I bought the "When Doves Cry" seven inch single and it had the sleeve on top- the one without text.

I just came across this twelve inch single cover and it feels strange to me to see that picture with text.

Which image do you prefer?

Vote here at RJ Battles.


Note: When I was a kid my brother made fun of me for liking Deee-lite. I can't blame him. The album that I owned, Infinity Within, had some very lame political songs like "Vote Baby Vote" and "I Had a Dream I was Falling Through a Hole in the Ozone Layer". Mmmmm, thought-provoking.
Anyway, to this day, he'll bring up songs that I listened to back then and sing a section of them.

1 comment:

RJ Battles said...

I'll be the first to vote.

While the lettering for When Doves Cry and Prince and the Revolution is cool, I like the photo without any text. It's more mysterious and it seems brave too. Just a photo- no artist name, no song title.

I vote for the top image.