Sunday, May 2, 2010

"This Hungry Life"



This Hungry Life (2006) Tanya Donelly

I downloaded this record in October of 2006. That fall was a big time for me and there was a lot going on, both good & bad. A lot of the songs took on a personal meaning.

Before I heard This Hungry Life I was excited by the tracklisting. I loved the original version of "To The Lighthouse", which had been a bonus track. Same thing with "Days Of Grace" from the Sleepwalk EP. The THL versions are good but I still like the originals better.

"New England", "Littlewing", and "World On Fire" belong on a Tanya Donelly Best Of collection. My favorite song from the record might be "Long Long Long". I wanted to hear the Beatles version so I downloaded it; I like TD's cover more.

Note: I think it's funny how well I know "The White Album" only through covers.
"Wild Honey Pie" The Pixies
"Dear Prudence", "Helter Skelter" Siouxsie and the Banshees
"Happiness is a Warm Gun" The Breeders
"Cry Baby Cry" Throwing Muses
"Long Long Long" Tanya Donelly
"Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and my Monkey" Kristin Hersh

No comments: