Friday, May 7, 2010

Legion


The Exorcist is one of my favorite movies. Before I saw it I read the novel by William Peter Blatty.

While the original was directed by William Freidkin (The French Connection, Cruising, To Live & Die in LA, Rules of Engagement, and Bug), The Exorcist III- the true sequel- was directed by Blatty himself.

I also read the book, which is called Legion, before seeing the movie. From the first page it was very graphic and upsetting, but well done and purposeful. The movie is well done too. I'm surprised they let him direct; it's uncommon for a novelist to direct his own work (especially after Maximum Overdrive).

The Exorcist III is well-known, not just for the brief appearence of Fabio, but for a very, very, very scary scene that ocours about half-way through the film. I won't say more, just that whenever someone mentions that movie they bring up that scene.

Good stuff.

Anyway, if you haven't seen the two movies (and you can skip The Exorcist II: The Heretic altogether. I take that back- it's kind of fun) you should definitely read the books first. They're both very well-written.

Anyway, I came across this cool album cover for The Exorcist III soundtrack and it made me wonder: Who the fuck buys the soundtrack for The Exorcist III?

No comments: