Sunday, May 30, 2010

Beautysleep



Two years ago my Corsica died and when it did I decided to go without a car. I lve close enough to work so I just walk. But I decided that I'd like to buy another car before winter comes back.

One thing I'm looking forward to, and always think about when I think about driving is thinking about driving around with Tanya Donelly's Beautysleep in the CD player. It's, for me, the perfect driving record.

I'll admit: it's a slow, dreary record in places- I read somewhere that the vocals had to be sped up on some songs because of the pace- but I like it. It has some of her best songs:
"The Night You saved My Life"
"Moonbeam Monkey"
"The Storm"
"So Much Song", &
"The Wave"

I don't own the album- I downloaded it- but I'll probably burn a copy and tack on the bonus track "Head for Math" along with the Sleepwalk songs, "After Your Party", "Last Rain", and the original version of "Days of Grace".

No comments: