Thursday, May 27, 2010

Upcoming Kristin Hersh show, New Throwing Muses demo up today




In June Kristin Hersh is playing, I think, three US dates, one of which is at The Iron Horse in Northampton, Mass, and I'll be going (hopefully I won't have a 6:30am shift the following morning cause I'd like to have a few screwdrivers or Cape Codders).

On CASH music, the website where Hersh has been posting her new songs for the past couple years, the latest Throwing Muses solo demo, "Swollen", arrived today. This is the fifth one so far ("Sunray Venus", "Milan", "Terra Nova", and "Freesia"). The only one that has grabbed me was "Sunray Venus", which sounds pretty good as it is. Still, they're just demos and a there are a couple that I'm interested to see how they turn out when they're played by the full band.

Also, the new solo record, Crooked, comes out this summer, I wanna say July. From what I read it's being released as a book or with a book and with artwork and whatnot.

It's a big year for KH and TM- This summer KH's autobiography comes out, as Rat Girl in the US and Paradoxical Undressing in the UK. I'm looking forward to that; she's a great writer and her blogs were always fun to read and it'd be cool to hear about the early Throwing Muses records.

Finally, a new 50 Foot Wave EP has been recorded and there's a new live CD out called Cats & Mice.

1 comment:

RJ Battles said...

I got my schedule for next week and it turns out that I'm off Friday.